August 16, 2006

"We" foiled the bomb plot???

Yes, according to our Dear Leader, that's just exactly what "we" did, with a little help from our friends. I was watching my TiVo'd Countdown with Keith Olbermann last night after the polls closed (and before I started checking election returns, because, after all, priorities people!!). Anyway, KO was covering Bush's visit to the National Counterterrism Center and honestly, I had to replay Bush's remarks because I couldn't believe what came out of his mouth:

Because of the good work in Great Britain and because of the help of the people there at NCTC, we disrupted a terror plot, a plot where people were willing to kill innocent life to achieve political objectives.
Okay...I know the "we" may be referring to Great Britain AND the US, but, geez, this felt like another "it's all about ME" moments that Dear Leader is so famous for. Because usually when a President says we, he means the US government. From what I understand, the role of the NCTC was minimal in this plot and that it had been the Brits who had been following this for months.

No comments: