September 23, 2006

Basking in the glow

As is our habit, sweetie and I make dinner and then settle in to watch our TiVo'd version of that day's Countdown with Keith Olbermann. Last night's edition was a keeper, if only for the roller coaster aspect of the show. On the one hand, you had Jonathan Turley (no transcript or video yet available), libertarian Constitutional scholar commenting on the "compromise" torture bill that basically gives the Bush administration everything it wants and, as far as I can tell, is no compromise at all. (Can anyone tell me why we are even having a discussion on "acceptable" torture techniques, excuse me, alternative interrogation techniques?) The interview left me literally sick to my stomach and grieving for my country. "So when do you want to move to Canada?" I asked my dearest.

On the other hand, KO's interview of former (sigh) President Clinton was absolutely wonderful. You can find the full transcript here. Links to video of the interview can be found on the same page.

Sweetie and I both just about cried at the end of the interview. Such intellect. Such articulation. Such a willingness to reach out to anyone will to work for good. God. I miss Bill.

Thank God for him. I am ready to stick it out. Canada is not an option.

No comments: