January 22, 2007

Speeches - Nevada and National

Don't forget, tonight is Gibbons' State of the State address. It starts at 6:00pm and the Nevada Broadcasters Association will provide feed to local TV and radio. You can also stream it on the web. Details here.

And if you can take it, the State of the Union (warning, nausea inducing pic) is tomorrow night (I'll be doing my duty and watching). The wine is already chilling. Scheduled to begin at 6:00pm. I'll be watching it on MSNBC or C-SPAN, because they will cover the Dem response. The major networks may not. As far as the speech, look for more of the same. Although, I hear Bush is going to make some noise on global warming, but I think his "plans" will land in the same dust heap as hydrogen cars, trips to the Mars, etc. He'll also probably call for bi-partisanship on the part of the Democrats, which means, "Do it my way." Lessee...what else? Iraq, of course...stressing staying the course the new way forward. Wonder if he's going to mention the satellite that the Chinese just blew out of the sky? Iran has to come up. Afghanistan? Crickets, methinks, unless it's a passing reference to our soldiers there. What I am really curious about is what out-of-left-field subject he will bring up.

So there you go. Two major speeches from two of the dimmest bulbs I can think of. I just realized that I will probably need a second bottle of wine.

Tuesday evening's highlight will be the Democratic response to the SOTU which will be given by the newly minted Senator from Virginia, Jim Webb. Speaker of the Nevada Assembly, Barbara Buckley, will do the honors on Monday night.

No comments: