February 1, 2007

More on Molly Ivins

I got an email from a dear friend of mine today.

I'm so sad to see my very favorite political commentator lose her battle with cancer, and doubly sad that her passing has been just barely mentioned in the media. I was looking forward to her curmudgeonly voice to get me through the next presidential election with her unique humor, elephant-like political memory, and good sense.I think she was one of the most fascinating women America has produced in a long time, a Texan who loved democracy enough to tell her country, in no uncertain words, that it's screwing up badly. I think this essay of hers makes a fitting eulogy. http://www.commondreams.org/views04/1105-21.htm
This quote from the article is prescient.
The Bush administration is going to be wired around the neck of the American people for four more years, long enough for the stench to sicken everybody. It should cure the country of electing Republicans.
Go read the whole thing.

No comments: