March 19, 2007

What to say?

I've been thrashing around for a couple of days, trying to think of something profound to post today, the 4th anniversary of the invasion of Iraq. I've got nothing. The final nail in my coffin of despair was this article in Sunday's New York Times Magazine. After reading the entire article, I turned off my computer, went outside and scrubbed down my car, inside and out, went to lunch with Sweetie, came home and read an article in Sunday's RGJ regarding the Peace March on Saturday wherein the participants declared disappointment with the turnout. Maybe they should have done a better job of getting the word out. I heard about it after the fact. Finally, I tuned out in front of the TV watching Law and Order and the Gene Simmons Family Jewels marathon on A&E.

The best I can do for you is today's page from my Bad Cat Desk Calendar. If I had a scanner I'd show it to you. Since I don't, I hope my description will suffice.

Picture gray tabby sitting with back to you, head turned left and towards the back of the room, eyelids lowered and mouth slightly open as though to indicate a meow.

Caption: "You're still here, huh?"

5 comments:

Not Your Mama said...

Remember me saying something had happened in my family a while back?
'Nuff said.

cls said...

{{{not your mama}}}

Zach Edwards said...

I have gathered all of the information on Daniel Bogden from all 3000 documents and have listed it with other relevant information on my website http://misterapologist.blogspot.com/

I have direct copies turned into pictures of ALL Daniel Bogden information...

Highlighting all inaccurate statements plus identifying files and emails that are still missing (One Email from Daniel Bogden was conspicuously damaged to remove several lines)

visit http://misterapologist.blogspot.com/

cls said...

Hey Zach, next time you want to link to your own blog, can you at least comment on the post before linking to your own material? It's a blogger etiquette kind of thing. The work you've done over there is good, but your plug felt shamefully out of place, considering the subject of my post.

bhfrik said...

Hey there... check out my post at club lefty about scientific freedom of speech The Bush adminisration is forcing scientists to have information officers present during interviews with...

Hey! I'm just making a bit of a joke about out of the blue posting actually... (Admit it! You smiled!)

I feel your pain when it comes to hugely important 'deadlines', and not having much to blog about. I like my commentary to be topical in order to be a bit interesting, but not so topical that what I'm saying has already been covered by every other lefty in the universe. So there are days when I just cant figure out what to post about even when the subject is perfectly obvious.