As my new job has taken me away from a daily review of blogs, I have to "catch up" on the weekend. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Not Your Mama at Coyote Angry brings her usual flair to two issues. First, the media event that captivated the MSM for the last week, and her opinion on memorials and land grabs.
- Desert Beacon dissects the issue of voter fraud (imagined) vs voter suppression (real). Let me repeat: If you are not making Desert Beacon a daily stop in your cruising of the Nevada blogosphere, you are missing a lot.
- The Anon Guy at Dullard Mush posts a two-part email interview with Democratic Presidential candidate Senator Chris Dodd. (Part 1, Part 2)
- NV Mojo reminds us that we need to vigilant and protect this wonderful thing called the Internet here and here. I have mixed emotions about her plea that we drop our AT&T services. Yesterday I was listening to Jackie Guerra on Air America and she was discussing workers rights and the big communications companies, specifically Verizon and Cingular/AT&T and it appears that AT&T is a respecter of workers rights, while Verizon is not and is doing everything in its power to prevent its workers from organizing. I dropped Verizon about a year ago due to really piss-poor service and moved to Cingular based on what many people told me about their service. I've never had a problem with them, their customer service is excellent, and now I know that they treat their people right. Perhaps we can bring pressure to bear on AT&T to do the right thing in this instance as well.
- Upnorth gives his thoughts on the progress of the Nevada campaigns, so far.
- Jack Wood at Nye Gateway expounds on what we lose when we allow the fat cats to control our government.
- Rumor has it that Myrna is nesting....
- Vote Gibbons Out discusses Jim Gibbons' "philosophy" (as in: lack of)
- The Rural Nevada Democratic Caucus announces its next meeting, complete with elections to fill the chair's seat vacated by Marcia deBraga.