February 8, 2008

Beyond the Pale

Can you imagine if someone had said this about Barack Obama and his daughters? About Michelle Obama? The shitstorm would be unbelievable.

DAVID SHUSTER: Bill, there's just something a little bit unseemly to me that Chelsea's out there calling up celebrities, saying support my mom, and she's apparently also calling these super delegates.

BILL PRESS: Hey, she's working for her mom. What's unseemly about that? During the last campaign, the Bush twins were out working for their dad. I think it's great, I think she's grown up in a political family, she's got politics in her blood, she loves her mom, she thinks she'd make a great president --

SHUSTER: But doesn't it seem like Chelsea's sort of being pimped out in some weird sort of way?

But not when it comes to Hillary. No charge is too outrageous, no comment out of bounds. I've never considered myself a militant or radical feminist, but lately my bile is rising more and more every day. And where is Obama in all of this? Letting it happen. Saying nothing. He rides the wave of misogyny and hatred. That's because he's "above it all" and stands for a "new kind of politics." Whatever.

(H/T to Taylor Marsh)

Edited to add: I have stood with union members, though I've never been one. I have stood with veterans and the military, though I've never worn the uniform. I have stood with the GLBT community and marched in Gay Pride parades, even though I am straight. I have stood for civil/minority rights even though I am white.

Where the hell are our Democratic men? Why are Obama, Edwards, Richardson, Biden, Dodd, Kennedy, Dean, Schumer, Reid, etc, etc, etc, not screaming bloody murder about this shit?

2 comments:

libhom said...

A lot of the hostility against Ms. Clinton appears to be staged by the corporate media. She is a conservative Republican in terms of policy and tactics. So, the corporate media have to play tricks to try to get her to be the Democratic nominee.

During the impeachment of Bill Clinton, it was widely observed that liberals, who before never liked or trusted the Clintons, sympathized with them. Americans in general did. Bill Clinton's poll numbers went way up.

These outrageous and unfair attacks are being used by the corporate media with the purpose trying to help Clinton's campaign. It worked in New Hampshire, so they are trying it again.

The whole thing reminds me of pro wrestling. It is so staged.

carissa said...

Boy it sure doesn't take long for someone from the Obamasphere to jump in with their no-basis-in-reality spin.

You said: "These outrageous and unfair attacks are being used by the corporate media with the purpose trying to help Clinton's campaign."

These outrageous and unjust attacks.

I assume you mean the attacks against Senator Clinton. So, you admit that the attacks against Senator Clinton (and her family) are unjust, yet you conclude that this is all some grand conspiracy by the media to get her elected? Please explain to me how the media falling all over themselves over Obama and McCain, and picking apart Senator Clinton's every move, word, perceived motive, etc, is cover for a media in the back pocket of the Clintons.

Damn, that's some heavy duty weed you are smoking there.