March 17, 2008

I am Hillary Clinton

What The Red Queen said.

On Edit: My Take

And every time when she’s called a know-it-all, I have to remember not to check myself when I know exactly what to do better than anyone else in the room, because I didn’t want to be “pushy.”

And every time she is called cold, I am stung, because when I am in control I can appear “cold” too. So that means I have to put a phony lilt in my voice and a smile on my face, because nothing is worse than a cold woman, right?

And every time she is called ambitious, I am reminded that I should aim high, but I must never, ever, let on how bad I want it. In all things I must be coy.

And every time I see her daughter smile at her proudly, I am reminded of the bond that I share with my mother and my daughter, and I know that our bonds have been tested in fire and there isn’t a soul on earth who can know what we know.

I am Hillary Clinton, and I vote.

8 comments:

The Red Queen said...

Blulyon- you have a gorgeous smile. Thanks for the shout out and blog love.

carissa said...

Nope, that's Hillary's smile. I'm pretty good with Photoshop.

Here's where that photo came taken from.

Are you now pea-green with envy?

carissa said...

Let me try again.

The Red Queen said...

Damn- that is one fine photoshop job. And yes, I am green green green and not cause it's St. Patty's day.

Mike said...

Yes, she has a warm, wide open and
friendly smile. I met her at Comma Cafe and talked with her for a few minutes.

The Red Queen said...

That is so much awesome in one post. Bravo!

chang'e said...

this was great! i am thrilled to see it spreading!

Matthew said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.